More Men Are Fashion Conscious 2018

Sun Sign : Scorpio

Date of nascency : November 7

Place of birth : Malhausi, UP

Hometown : Malhausi

School/college: Dr. Virendra Swarup Educational activity Center, Kanpur/ NID Ahmedabad, Istituto Marangoni Milan

First break : Gen Adjacent Show at Lakme Fashion Week

Loftier point : Winning the International Woolmark Prize in 2014

Depression point : When I lost my bade papa (uncle) before the Woolmark Prize contest

Currently doing : Working on India Couture Week collection as well every bit Paris Fashion Week Leap Summer 2018

If you weren't a designer, you would have been...?

A cricketer.

Whose style sense have y'all admired over the years?

I admire fashion legend Iris Apfel.

Your favourite decade in fashion is...?

I'd say the '60s.

Equally a kid, what would you consider as your commencement design?

As a child, I knew very little about designing but I had an inclination towards art. So, observing nature and my pet canis familiaris, and drawing him from different perspectives used to make me really happy.

Your favourite international designer is...?

That would be Rei Kawakubo.

One fashion trend you want to do away with...?

Actress-exaggerated indigestible silhouettes. It'southward overstayed its welcome. We need a fresh perspective to define femininity in fashion.

One old manner trend that you lot would want to revive...?

Exaggerated enlarged prints.

I Indian textile you lot dear to use...?

I dearest working with Chanderi.

What is more complicated, designing for men or women?

I recollect design in itself is not complicated. The process might be complex, just nothing is complicated. Though presently I savour designing women'south habiliment more.

Practice you feel that Indian men are mode witting?

Indian men are probably more than way witting than women. I say this because for them, wearing a make or a characterization gives them a sense of recognition, whereas women are more experimental and carefree.

What's the biggest hazard y'all have ever taken?

When I started showcasing on the official calendar of Paris Fashion Week. It's non but monetarily expensive, but the level of competition is fierce!

Ane thing nobody knows well-nigh you...?

I used to stammer when I was younger, in my school days.

One way that would suit every Indian woman...?

A beautifully-draped sari.

What's the i matter y'all think modernistic love lacks?

Fourth dimension for one some other, because we're and then busy defenseless up in our personal space.

An old fashion of romance you would still prefer...?

Beloved messages.

What's the biggest surprise youʼve given your partner?

When I was studying in Milan and Divya was in NID, I took a flight back during my Christmas break and surprised her.

What did your wife wear the day you got married?

She wore a red handwoven Banarasi brocade lehenga.

Did you design something especially for her?

Of course, and I consider it one of my best work till date.

Your strategy in a crisis is...?

Modify the perspective and look at the situation from a distance.

You de-stress past...?

Playing with my daughter, Aarna.

Favourite colour : White

Most stylish urban center : Paris

Favourite muse : Divya, my wife

Favourite film/song: three Idiots (2009)/Kun Faya Kun from Rockstar (2011)

Favourite nutrient : Dal chawal

Follow@VeenuSingh12 on Twitter

From HT Brunch, July 16, 2017

Follow united states of america on twitter.com/HTBrunch

Connect with us on facebook.com/hindustantimesbrunch

  • ABOUT THE Author

    Veenu Singh writes on art, civilization and Bollywood for HT's Lord's day mag, Brunch. ...view item

0 Response to "More Men Are Fashion Conscious 2018"

Post a Comment

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel